Nurse Practitioner – West Nipissing FHT
West Nipissing FHT (Sturgeon Falls)
Nurse Practitioner (Permanent 1.0 FTE) 18 Month Contract
77-B Front Street
Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 2H2
West Nipissing Family Health Team (WNFHT) is seeking a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work in our primary care clinic as part of an energetic and committed inter-professional team. This NP will work to their full scope alongside a second nurse practitioner, physicians, nurses, social worker, and other health care professionals such as a dietitian, diabetes educator and occupational therapy to provide our patients with individualized, effective, timely and efficient care.
With a main focus on acute, episodic care, the Nurse Practitioner role will provide comprehensive primary care to patients enrolled to our family physicians. The Nurse Practitioner should be comfortable working to their full scope of practice, providing care and services to patients independent of physician involvement. The NP role at the WNFHT focuses mainly on acute, episodic care.
The Nurse Practitioner is a valued member of our team, caring for patients of all ages to provide assessment, education, and management of chronic disease but also has a large focus on the diagnosis and treatment of episodic illness. Within the supportive structure of our team, the NP functions with autonomy in keeping with WNFHT’s vision, mission, and values.
Education, Training, and Qualities:
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with CNO as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (NP-PHC),
- Current registration with the RNAO and evidence of liability insurance through CNPS or another reputable agency,
- Demonstrated experience in community, primary care, or urgent care medicine,
- Leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment,
- Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical record system is an asset,
- Fluency in both French and English language is an asset.
- Provide shared care for patients along with other members of the healthcare team,
- Conduct assessments using recommended preventative interventions and risk assessment,
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review diagnostic tests,
- Employ critical thinking, evidence-based medicine and best practice as frameworks for practice,
- Document observations, conversations, interventions, and collaboration relating to patient care in the patent record,
- Liaise with other team members to achieve preferable outcomes to the patient,
- Arrange for referrals (internal and external) as necessary,
Information about the position:
- This position includes competitive benefits and pension package. Compensation is in keeping with the amount set by the Ministry of Health for Nurse Practitioners in Family Health Teams.
To apply to this position, please submit your cover letter and resume. Candidates requiring accommodation for the interview process are invited to state this at the time the interview is scheduled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: In person