Annual salary : 115 000$/+, Offered salary will reflect past experience in similar field and positions
Provide direct patient care. Assist the Pharmacy Manager in the management of the dispensary and front shop. Contribute to the achievement of Company goals and objectives, including customer-focused patient care, pharmacy services, store standards, profitability, and managing inventory, shrink, controllable expenses, labour and productivity while adhering to Company operating standards and OCP standards of practice.
- Perform all professional activities of dispensing, patient counseling and pharmacy services.
- Perform all tasks required to satisfy dispensary orders.
- Perform all acts under the expanded scope of pharmacy practice.
- Provide pharmacy services and Company initiatives.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals in the provision of patient care.
- Supervise the pharmacy department in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager and assume the Pharmacy Manager's responsibilities during short-term absences.
- Ensure the pharmacy opens and closes according to hours of operation.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Recall Procedure.
- Ensure proper procedures are maintained to manage shrink.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager in scheduling relief pharmacist coverage and address emergency staffing concerns while on duty.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager with dispensary paperwork and inventory management.
- Satisfy the Company's expectations on the delivery of consistent, exceptional customer service and resolve any customer complaints or issues arising while on duty.
- Maintain awareness of current local competitive activity and business development opportunities and inform head office.
- Maintain store standards and conditions.
- Cash register operations.
- Education – B.Sc.Phm. Degree (4-year University Pharmacy Program)..
- Licensure – Registered Part A Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Injection certified, Smoking Cessation certified and registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Proficient with current PC systems, MS Office programs and pharmacy software (Kroll)
- Interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and positive work environment
- Language skills to communicate clearly and listen carefully in a respectful manner.
- Organizational skills to prioritize, plan ahead, manage time and be punctual.
- Customer service skills to achieve customer satisfaction by recognizing customer needs/wants.
- Receptivity to accept constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Initiative to identify and complete tasks independently.
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged-in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
- Have proof of your Pharmacist licence
- Have your resume on hand
- Be ready to answer work related questions
- Be ready to talk about your past job experiences
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Metro Inc.
The Metro Pharmacy banner is located in 46 select Metro grocery stores. The Metro Pharmacy is dedicated to delivering exceptional patient-focused care. Professional pharmacy services include personalized medical profile, medication waste and syringe disposal, blood pressure monitoring and a diabetes patient care program.
The Food Basics Pharmacy banner is located in 30 Food Basics grocery stores. Food Basics Pharmacy is a full-service pharmacy and offers customers professional services such as health reminders, medical profiles, blood pressure monitoring, medication and syringe disposal. The pharmacy team is dedicated to providing customers with quality patient-focused health care.
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they're not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.