We’re a very small team: There’s Misha Glouberman,one part-time person and a handful of freelancers supporting the work he does. Our work is mainly about helping people communicate in ways that are more authentic, honest, compassionate, and effective, mostly (though not only) at work. Recently, we have also focused on other ways to help people grow and thrive — such as building resilience and meaningful connections during the pandemic. We do consulting, coaching, speaking, facilitation, workshops and events. Misha is the co-author of a book.
- We are a values-based organization. Transparency, compassion, and curiosity guide our business practice, both internally and externally.
- We are changing and adapting. The nature of our work is ever-changing and is currently undergoing more change than usual. This isn’t a business where we make the same widgets every week.
We’re looking for a freelance administrative assistant to join and support our small team. This role involves a wide range of responsibilities, from managing administrative systems and tasks to creating and posting content on our social media. You’ll directly contribute to our capacity to help clients, stay on course, and agilely respond to a changing business landscape.
The central goal for this position is to help the team maximize the effectiveness of their time, step away from administrative tasks where possible, and increase their productivity.
YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS JOB IF:
- You like helping people
- You value having flexibility in how you work, where output is what matters
- You enjoy learning about and using AI technology
- You enjoy working on a remote but tight-knit team
- You’re excited by the idea of designing and maintaining well-running systems
- You love solving new problems, big and small
- You enjoy collaboration, discussion, and iteration
- You are a self-starter who’s good at taking initiative and seeing a project through
- You like the idea of supporting work that makes people’s lives better and helps organizations be more human
- You get satisfaction out of doing both fine-grain detailed work and big-picture thinking
- You’re great at planning ahead, but also able to deal with things arising at the last minute
If that sounds like a job that excites you, please read on!
The most important thing is that we need a creative problem solver interested in contributing to the company’s overall success. This is more important than any specific task. That said, here are a few tasks we imagine will help with our central goal:
- Using AI tools to complete tasks
- Inbox, Calendar, and Task Management
- Note-taking and Meeting-shadowing
- Creating content and posting on various social media platforms
- Invoicing and Client Relations
- Project Management
- Managing administrative systems and documenting processes
- Managing personal tasks
- Researching solutions to hard-to-solve problems (and easy ones too!)
- Organizing events and workshops
- Finding freelancers when we need outside help or expertise
- Helping out with expense tracking and simple bookkeeping
- Being a second set of eyes on documents, client meetings, and projects
- Occasionally updating website and managing email lists
- Data entry
TRAITS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous experience in a related role is a great plus (e.g. Admin Assistant, Virtual Assistant, Office Manager, Online Business Manager)
- Organized, very detail-oriented, and knows how to make a plan
- A creative and analytical mind, that can break down problems but also propose novel and unseen solutions
- Great at communicating with clients and other folks outside the organization, by email, phone, Zoom and in person
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Can see the big picture and use that perspective to inform day-to-day decision making
- Ability to anticipate problems and needs
- Interested in ongoing learning, both in your own work and organizational operations
- A quick thinker and doer, who can swiftly produce high-quality work
- Resourceful and adaptable, able to understand problems and develop solutions independently
- Being in Toronto is a small advantage but not a requirement
Note: this is a freelance position and we will work together to find a flexible way to organize your hours that works for all of us. It is a real plus if your work style and schedule allow you to be flexible about when you work and can allow a fair amount of availability throughout the workweek.
INTERESTED? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
- First, fill out our online application form ( https://forms.gle/g5A5kytD2xLZX6NSA )* Applications are due no later than 5:00pm ET Monday, March 20.* (We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in, so sending them in sooner is great.)
- We consider AI tools to be an important part of this work going forward. We welcome you to use these tools when completing this application.
- Selected applicants will be asked to do a longer test including more questions and tasks that are representative of the kind of work you’ll do with us. (We’ll pay you $75 CAD for your time doing the test.)
- Lastly, we’ll do some interviews via Zoom to discuss you, the work we do, and if we are a fit.
We value diversity in the workplace. We want to ensure every job applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. If you require any support in the application process, including disability accommodation, please contact us.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-03-20