The Human Resources Consultant - Talent Acquisition will be accountable for partnering with management to support full-cycle recruitment efforts across the Corporation. As their key point of contact the incumbent will develop strong relationships with all hiring managers; working with them to co-create strategies to facilitate effective and efficient recruitment practices and processes.
With a focus on high-quality talent acquisition, the incumbent will cultivate an in-depth understanding of hiring needs, and develop and execute recruitment strategies and campaigns to attract and hire top talent from diverse candidate pools.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will be a creative and critical thinker, who is adept at collaboration and relationship building and who uses their exceptional communication, organizational and change management skills to execute the duties and responsibilities as outlined below (these set out the principal functions of the position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements):
- Partner with the hiring managers to drive the end-to-end recruitment process from requisition, sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, offer through to and including on-boarding.
- Source passive candidates through active recruitment strategies (ex. LinkedIn).
- Review / screen candidate applications to determine their knowledge, skills and capabilities required to do the specific role.
- Coordinate the efforts of the larger HR team in support of large scale seasonal talent acquisition requirements.
- Conduct intake sessions with Hiring Managers before commencing searches to validate job responsibilities, role outcomes and competencies and where required work with managers to edit and / or write job descriptions.
- Coach hiring managers in all aspects of the talent acquisition process.
- Coordinate and participate in interviews alongside hiring managers ensuring fulsome selection decisions and an excellent candidate experience.
- Facilitate behavioural, technical and situational interviewing assessments as well as reference checks and background checks for candidates as required.
- Identify areas to enhance the experience for hiring managers and candidates, while driving continuous improvement of all related methodologies, workflows, processes, policies, tools, templates and the development of appropriate pre-screening, skills assessments and interview tools and guides to equip managers with the necessary information to make informed hiring decisions.
- Establish key performance indicators and prepare reports and presentations on strategies, growth, and performance for all talent acquisition related activities.
- Support efforts to define the employment brand and act as a Talent Acquisition ambassador, building awareness of the employer brand through social media, web base job postings, videos and social partnerships.
- Support job evaluation process for non-union and union positions consistent with the Pay Equity Act.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with external service providers including social media platforms, associations, educational institutions, etc.
- Ensure recruitment programs, policies and procedures are equitable and in compliance with labour laws, legislation, regulations and applicable collective agreements.
- Lead the corporate onboarding program including the initial new hire orientation sessions; ensuring an excellent experience for all new hires.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Completion of post-secondary education and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience which includes ownership / leadership responsibilities for organizational level practices and / or change related projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability, confidence and influencing skills needed to: o ‘take the lead’ on all matters related to talent acquisition and to act in a proactive capacity. o initiate continuous improvement efforts / challenge the status quo. o solve problems and deliver results. o Learn, develop and employ new knowledge and skills. o Speak in public (eg. New Hire Orientation).
- Proven completion of Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness training.
- A demonstrated commitment to enhancing a safety culture.
Salary Range: Minimum $75,982 annually; Maximum $94,978 annually
*2022 rates (2023 adjustment TBD)
Expected Work Location: Remote
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Applications will be accepted online at www.stcatharines.ca/jobs.
Applications received any other way will not be accepted.
The City of St. Catharines is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human
Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,982.00-$94,978.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote