To provide genuine care and human resources (HR) support to the Shuswap Band administrative team by weaving in cultural understanding and business fundamentals through all HR practices and processes.
Who Are You?
You go beyond the traditional “human resources” role to create a culture of care and wellbeing for the Shuswap team. You support meaningful, purpose driven work. You have successfully developed and implemented HR programs. You understand how to build and operationalize processes and frameworks that create freedom and consistency for team members. You know how to turn people strategy into operational priorities and action.
Most importantly, you are a connector and maintain strong relationships with all people you meet at an organizational and community level.
· Oversee Recruitment and Selection. Work with leaders to support job creation, role evolution, build recruitment strategies and support interviewing and offer documentation preparation and delivery.
· Help build and ensure onboarding programs are delivered consistently and documentation is filed and managed in accordance with HR and payroll policies.
· Work with senior leaders on Performance Management, Coaching and adhering to Shuswap Band policies, Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation.
· Provide employee relations & communication support for managers and teams as needed.
· Support Benefits & Total Compensation plans by conducting annual research and reviews to ensure programs are progressive and meet industry and nation standards.
· Support Health and Safety programs through onboarding and training delivery as needed.
· Provide payroll and benefits support as needed.
Skills and Abilities
· Self-starter with experience working for a growing business supporting multiple business units and departments.
· Strong understanding of payroll, benefits and employment legislation.
· Experienced in coaching with a proven ability to project manage, problem solve, and deliver results.
· Proven ability and love for building planned and spontaneous recognition and reward programs and celebrations.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to code of conduct and knows how to hold others accountable to same standards.
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist in a related industry.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field. CHRP Certification is a strong asset.
· Experience working with an Ingenious community is ideal.
· Experience with applicant tracking and HRIS systems.
· Thorough knowledge of federal/provincial related legislation and regulations (e.g., employment standards, labour relations, human rights etc.)
· Understanding of Project Management principles and processes or certification is an asset.
· Exceptional communication skills. Verbal. Written and presentation.
· Strong organizational skills. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with consideration to changing timelines and directives.
· Attention to detail. Able to use critical thinking skills when problem solving and organizing multiple projects and deliverables.
· Fully proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Positive, personable, compassionate and genuine.
Schedule. Compensation. Conditions of work
This is a full time, year position. We work Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm. You will work 32.5 hours a week.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Do you live or are you relocating to the Columbia Valley?
- Do you have experience working in a First Nation community?
- Do you possess a Drivers License with a clean drivers abstract?
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist in a related industry.
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree in a related field. CHRP Certification is a strong asset.
- Do you have a thorough knowledge of federal/provincial related legislation and regulations (e.g., employment standards, labour relations, human rights etc.)
- Do you have an understanding of Project Management principles and processes or certification?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-03