Account Payable Specialist
This is an onsite position, no remote work or provided accommodation is available for this position. We are looking for a skilled accounts payable specialist to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Acts as the primary point of escalation to resolve AP and vendor issues and any invoice discrepancies.
- Responsible for following up and resolving discrepancies in a timely and effective manner.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with new and existing vendors, respond to inquiries.
- Processes and codes invoices into the system.
- Assist in preparing bi-weekly cheque runs.
- Ensure proper approval in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor vendor accounts through the aging reports.
- Maintain vendors files.
- Supports Mine Site Controller with month end duties including prepaids reconciliation.
- Reconcile AP vendor accounts against supplier statements.
- Manages and responds to all inventory discrepancies through our designated AP shipments email box acting as a liaison between Warehouses, Vendors, and the Purchasing Department.
- Perform a variety of accounting and administrative duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience in a complex, high volume AP environment.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or CPA student
- Knowledge of full cycle accounts payable and general accounting procedures is necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook, with intermediate to advanced skill in Excel (Pivot Table & VLOOKUP a MUST.)
- Proficient in data entry and data management with ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and time management skills.
- Ability to use critical thinking
- Problem-solving skill resulting in sound business solutions.
- Customer service skills
- SAP experience is an asset.
- Results oriented.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $68,000.00-$74,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Likely, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location