YEO CODE Consulting provides a wide range of building and fire code consulting services assisting architects, interior designers, owners and contractors ensure proposed building designs and construction are in compliance with the latest fire protection, life safety and accessibility codes and standards. We aid in the design process, securement of building permits and development of alternative solution designs to address complex or novel building design features relating to fire protection and life safety in building, ensuring safe and accessible living, working and public building environments throughout western Canada.
- Perform reviews of construction documents to determine compliance with building codes and local regulations focusing on fire protection and life safety requirements of the Canadian building codes (Part 3 and Part 9)
- Write professional, detailed, accurate emails and formal for review and reference by architects, designers, local authorities and other project stakeholders
- Keep accurate records of plan review status, completion of projects and tracking project related time.
- Work in is expected to be carried out in the office with some exceptions for remote work.
- Occasional travel required.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum two year post secondary diploma in an architectural or construction related field or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with BlueBeam considered and asset
- Knowledge of National and Provincial Building and Fire Codes with experience applying building and fire codes being an asset
- Able to interpret architectural and engineering plans and other construction documents.
- Ability to interact with other industry professionals, associated trades and local authorities.
- Commitment to technical excellence and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral in English
- Well organized, and the able to multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to excel and adapt to changes in industry standards and perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Airdrie, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location