Title: People and Culture Assistant
Type: Contract, Full Time (30 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
Location: Flexible (Must be located in Canada)
Canadian Feed the Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty. For over 25 years, CFTC has been working with local partners in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Bolivia, and with 26 Indigenous communities in Canada, to deliver programs that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
About this Opportunity
Canadian Feed the Children (“CFTC”) has an opportunity for a tech savvy, collaborative and organized People and Culture Assistant. As a People and Culture Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the People and Culture department in all People and Culture areas, including orientation and onboarding, recruitment, health and safety, employee engagement and organizational development, diversity, equity and inclusion, learning and development, administrative support, including filing and data entry and other projects as assigned.
In this role, the successful applicant will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while managing the day-to-day related administrative human resource activities. The successful applicant will demonstrate a strong commitment to quality client service, applying excellent problem solving and communication skills to ensure the success of the department.
- Provide assistance with day-to-day operations of the People and Culture functions and duties.
- Provide confidential administrative support to People and Culture department, including preparing employment confirmation letters, data entry, tracking and maintaining employee files, documents and employment related information.
- Provide assistance with full cycle recruitment.
- Ensure data integrity and maintain records in HRIS database.
- Support the delivery of employee engagement initiatives, recognition programs, and employee social events.
- Support the P&C department with the implementation and roll-out of new and existing People and Culture Programs.
- Participate and provide support to the JHSC and assist with H&S activities.
- Assist with review and development of policies and programs.
- Assist with monthly invoices.
- Support onboarding and orientation process for new staff.
- Create reports, forms, spreadsheets, and general correspondence.
- Support continuous improvement activities to further simplify and standardize processes and tools.
- Contribute to respectful and inclusive culture at CFTC and support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts and activities.
- Research P&C best practices.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline.
- 0-2 years of related experience. Previous experience working in non-for-profit and/or international development is a plus.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Forms and PowerPoint is required.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Experience with BambooHR is a plus.
- Ability to analyze information, problem-solve and make good decisions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, as may be required.
- Sound judgement and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate the CFTC values in every aspect of work.
- Ability to multitask and handle a variety of requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven experience and ability to manage agenda.
- High degree of tact, diplomacy, and ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders in a discreet professional manner.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the below link before December 31st, 2022:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, please apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. The position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Canadian Feed the Children (CFTC) is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier-free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of our community. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process. For further information about Accessibility or Accommodation process at CFTC, please contact our People and Culture Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2022-12-31